The green heart of Italy
Umbria is a region of Italy full of big and small wonders, all to be discovered: that is why the tour starts from Gubbio, a fascinating medieval city, with its narrow streets, small squares and bridges, and ancient and unique churches and buildings. Once you reach Perugia, the city of chocolate, let yourself be tempted by the “sweet” downtown of this central Italy town!! With its historic village perched at 450 meters above sea level, the city founded by the Etruscans preserved intact many buildings as old as its walls.
The most romantic destination in Umbria is certainly Assisi and here you will really feel transported into the past: the mystical atmosphere of this city is due to the fact that it was the birthplace of San Francesco e Santa Chiara and for this reason is still a destination for pilgrimages for the faithful hailing from all over the world.
The third day includes a brief visit to Spello, a town considered one of the most beautiful villages in Italy and famous for its precious extra virgin olive oil to then reach Spoleto. In the afternoon, a trip to the Marmore Falls awaits you: only a few people know that this waterfall is among the tallest in Europe, boasting a jump in height of 165 meters subdivided into three jumps!!
The last day prior to heading back is dedicated to Città della Pieve, a characteristic village still surrounded, for the most part, by medieval walls. Stroll downtown with a guide and enjoy a visit to the Church of Saints Gervasio and Protasio and admire the view from Torre del Pubblico at a height of 38 meters.
Price per person from EUR 499!
The price includes:
- Round trip via Gran Turismo coach equipped with reclining seats, TV-screen and air conditioning.
- Stay at a 3-star hotel *** (e.g. Hotel Chocolatahotel ****) in a double room with private bathroom.
- FULL BOARD accommodation from the dinner on the 1st day of stay to the breakfast on the last day of stay.
- Tours with a professional guide as per schedule.
- Accompanying guide for the entire duration of the tour.
Not included in the price:
- Admission tickets to be paid on site (about EUR 16.00)